Thursday, March 6, 2014

How I Discovered Blogging

I began blogging in November 2004 as a means to market my Internet business, because I was told blogs are good for search engine rankings. As I continued to publish my blog and began my journey in the blogosphere I came to realize that blogs, while certainly fantastic for search engine rankings, are much more than a mere search engine marketing tool.

Blogs are outlets for creativity. Blogs influence people. Blogs are communication devices, educational resources and sources of entertainment. They connect people, spread ideas, foster friendships, sway political opinion and report news.

Blogs can be almost anything you want them to be, but what I came to experience as a result of blogging, is a new way of life.

Blogging empowers individuals with a tool that generates income and provides an outlet to communicate with the rest of the world.

For many people, starting a blog has completely changed how they live their lives – and for the better.

Every day I indulge in a hobby and communicate with like-minded individuals, and best of all, I get paid to do it.

How do I get paid? I monetize my blog.

Monetization can occur in many ways – and certainly how I do it today is different to how I did it a year ago or how I might do it next year. Monetization simply means implementing methods of making money from the content you produce on your blog.

What’s important is that the opportunity exists now to jump on board the blogging bandwagon and get paid for writing about what you love

0 comments:

Post a Comment